Saturday 10 December 2011

Yellow Lily

This is only the second time anyone has ever given me flowers and I was so taken with them.  Yellow lilies and beautiful red and yellow roses.  I didn't manage to get a good shot of the roses but I did like this one of a lily, not least because it is so warm and sunny seeming.  I also liked the angle.  It always strikes me as odd how much of a difference the angle you shoot something at makes.  It shouldn't because I've been at this for long enough to know even a few millimetres makes all the difference, however it is still striking to flick between two shots of the same thing and see the effect.  I say this because I had two photos which, to all intents and purposes, looked the same.  And yet this one was vastly better than the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment