Thursday 14 October 2010

Day 276: Slinky

Sometimes the problem with taking photos is that you know what you did, and what you were taking a photo of.  This can cause problems with judging what other people will see, how confused they will be and whether or not they will just think it's rubbish.  This is a slinky.  I know this.  I also know what all the stuff in the background is.  And while I like it, I can't quite tell if it's any good.  I mean I don't think it's wonderful by any means but I don't know if it is at least interesting to an outsider's eye.  I like the light in the background, I like the fact the slinky itself is not lit up and all shiny as if taken under a light or using flash, I like the abstract circley-cagey-stripy-smooth-curvy-metalness, and I like the pattern of light in front of it.

1 comment:

  1. It's great!
    I also like the text - 'abstract circley-cagey-stripy-smooth-curvy-metalness'. Very Jack Kerouac!

    ReplyDelete