Thursday 30 September 2010

Day 262: Mushroom


I actually don't technically know if this is a mushroom or a toadstool and the definition I found didn't help much, so I'm calling it a mushroom!  This is on the front lawn.  I'm not sure we should be entirely pleased about having mushrooms - doesn't make for a pristine lawn - but I love it.  I'd rather have a wild lawn full of moss and clover and daisies and mushrooms, than a tame, boring, rolled, mown-within-an-inch-of-it's-life lawn.  I like the angle on this photo too.  Sort of makes it look like it is in a forest - clover as ferns and blades of grass as trees, stretching out into the distance.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, it's so cute ^_^
    I like how it's surrounded by all those clovers. Like you said, the perspective where it's giving them shade is neat.

    Did you give it a nibble, that there's a little spot missing?

    ReplyDelete