Sunday 29 August 2010

Day 230: Nice Fins!


I went for quite a wide shot here because some of the rockets go so fast you miss them out of the frame and just get a smoke trail which is no fun at all!  I didn't crop it though because I liked seeing the beautiful blue sky.  It was a great day for high power launches and there was a lot of model flying too but I didn't send any of mine up.  It was pretty windy despite the clear blue skies and I would rather have fun watching everyone else's rockets than worry about losing mine (which I do all too often).  One of the highlights was a member of our club achieving his Level 1 qualification at the age of only 13!  It was a really good end to International Rocket Week 2010 and there's so much to do for next year's rocket flying season already and we might even have the chance to fly a couple more times this year depending on the weather!  So much to do and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment