Friday 4 June 2010

Day 144: Baby Bird


Went for a brief walk with mum today and nearly melted.  I was looking forward to summer for blue skies, sunshine, longer days with better light, flowers, baby animals and photographable stuff and having got caught up with that I forgot how much I hate being too hot.  Oh well.  I didn't get anything much exciting in the way of photographs today except for this which isn't as good as I'd like and is cropped in but is still interesting!  This wee guy was scrambling up a steep slope cheeping loudly.  Didn't seem like he had any much idea how to fly so I really hope if he has fallen out of the nest too soon that he survives ok or learns quickly.  I'm not even entirely sure what he is.  My first thought was a baby robin but they are speckledy so I don't know!  If anyone knows please tell me!

1 comment: