Wednesday 5 May 2010

Day 114: Dandelion Heads


I couldn't decide between these two photos today so you're getting both in order to save me an hour or two's decision making ;-) I love the first because it's so fluffy and soft looking, you can see the ends of the individual seed heads and the curve of the fluff for each seed even off to the side where they start merging together, and you can even see the darkness in the centre where all the seeds are held onto the plant. The second somehow both looks bare and yet brave and proud the way it's leaning forward into the wind. It gives an interesting cross section showing off the insides and the individual seeds in more detail. The curve of the fluffy white seed heads makes me think of comets approaching the sun too :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love your beautiful descriptions, they are so thoughtful and clever - as good as the photography ;-)

    ReplyDelete