Tuesday 30 March 2010

Day 78: Fallen Leaves


"In a crooked little town they were lost and never found
Fallen leaves, fallen leaves, fallen leaves on the ground"

Points to anyone other than my dad who figures out the title and quote! I thought it was quite appropriate though as this skeleton of a leaf looks rather like an aerial shot of a city - crooked and in which you might well get lost. It is a horrible day - it has poured rain all day and then switched to snow about 6/7pm so I broke out my rainy day idea in the form of this leaf I picked up when we were out for a walk a couple of weeks ago. It's not perfect and I had to crop a little of the left off because I just couldn't get enough depth of field to make all the kinks and folds in it sharp, even with flash on, because of the low light, but oh well - I like it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Professor Saurus2:19 am, March 31, 2010

    Yeah, it does look like an aerial view. Just goes to show how nature is .... theres some geometric pattern term that i cant remember, where things repeat on different levels of zoominedness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^^^ you're thinking of fractals. Very cool nature maths!!!

    ReplyDelete